wildlife 728x90

Amazon Best Deals

Search This Blog

Wednesday 20 July 2016

My Flying Greyhound Lurchers

Having purchased my first 2nd user digital SLR and Nikon 5100 I decided I'd give it a go shooting Bree and Skippy running at full pelt around a Norfolk Beach.

Lurchers are fast, very fast, and both our rescue dogs are Lurchers and are a cross between Saluki and Greyhound.  They are sleek and swift.

Lurchers like Greyhounds are on of the few dogs that spends more time flying through the air, with all feet off the ground when running, than with its feet on the ground.  They are so fast that they are even able to achieve this feat on wet sandy beeches as you can see in the picture below.

I'm really thankful that the Nikon 5100 was fast enough to capture this even with the 55-200 lens.  Do any of you notice something different about Skippy in the background?  If you have already seen Skippy please don't comment as I'm interested in viewers perceptions of what they think they see to what they can actually see.

Flying Lurchers All Feet Are Off The Sand
I also made a video on my iPhone as they were flying around the beach chasing each other.


I hope you like the pictures, please comment and I'll post some more pictures.

#fixed1tRESCUEdogs

1 comment:

  1. I still find it hard to believe that me a complete amateur managed to get such an incredible action shot. It reminds me of those 19th century paintings of horse running with both feet off the ground

    ReplyDelete

Its only worth while me spending time on blogs If I know they are being read and it is not easy to know. So If you have taken time to read a blog entry then please leave a comment or question. Thanks Malcolm