wildlife 728x90

Amazon Best Deals

Search This Blog

Tuesday 26 July 2016

Action Photos Swifts or Swallows Nesting On Cromer Cliffs Norfolk

As we wandered along Cromer Beach in Norfolk I was amazed to see what appeared to be Swifts or Swallows nesting in burrowed holes high up on the cliffs, so I spent some time trying to photograph flying around their holes using sports mode on my Nikon 5100 DSLR.  I pointed and clicked with little success.

Then I had the idea of timing by counting how long it took for the bird to fly into the hole, do its feeding and emerge, and surprisingly it turned out to be pretty regular, both leaving and then returning.

Not being an ornithologist I guessed that the feeding process has to be regular, who knows.

When I trawled through the hundreds of shots I took over a glass of wine I was really pleased to see that I had a small number of nice action shots.  Here they are:


Cliff Nesting On Cromer Beech -  Heading In


Cliff Nesting On Cromer Beech -  Heading Out

Cliff Nesting On Cromer Beech -  Catching Flies

Cliff Nesting On Cromer Beech -  Leaving Nest

Cliff Nesting On Cromer Beech -  Bolting From Nest Hole

#fixed1tWILDlife

No comments:

Post a Comment

Its only worth while me spending time on blogs If I know they are being read and it is not easy to know. So If you have taken time to read a blog entry then please leave a comment or question. Thanks Malcolm